24 November 2010

Signs of the times

Odd news yesterday, worth recording even if I don't get to today's stuff. Since I spent most of yesterday in the library arguing with a bad internet connection and working on all sorts of irritating statistical problems, I had to wait until today. Stats really isn't that bad of a subject, if you can keep rules straight, and more importantly if your professor and your book agree on formulas. Neither condition was present yesterday, so it was rough.

On the flip side, OSU's library is gorgeous. And it's so quiet and academic like. I loved it.





On to news, if you remember my comment about the N. Korean new guy on the block having no military experience, well, he apparently wanted to get some. My thoughts immediately turned to those friends of mine in the military there. My best wishes for you during this tense time.

There was also another Nigerian package stopped in Massachusetts, and a lawsuit over a paintbrush poking a guy in the eye. Frankly, do you really deserve money just because you were a clumsy oaf and drove a paintbrush up your eye?

And finally fish shrink during the winter, well, at least some do. It's been observed in other species too, as noted by the article. It makes sense, but it's still fantastic science. I love this stuff.

1 comment: