17 November 2010

Medal of Honor


And no, I'm not talking about the Xbox game. Seriously, things like this get me really excited and I'm proud of this guy who I don't even know for both his bravery, and his public humility. It's rare to see both at the same time.

Coming shortly after Veteran's Day, this man's humble actions of bravery should be applauded by veterans all over. It's not so much that this one man was unique, but more impressive that he isn't unique among our armed forces. With so many of our older veterans leaving this world so rapidly now, it's a nice reminder that there is still a new generation of men and women willing to sacrifice their lives, whether it be just their time of service, their permanent functionality in society or their existence in order for us to live the life we have. As I always said to the kids I led around the DC monuments, let this serve as continuous inspiration to work hard, be honest, respect others and serve our communities in the same selfless manner, in the hope that our efforts will leave a better world for our children and the children of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment