09 November 2010

No exams, just puppies

I don't blog daily, but when I catch a lucky break, I can throw a few blogs together to summarize what I've been thinking about and doing for the last few days. Since I knocked out my biochem exam yesterday morning, there has been a feeling of tremendous relief in me. I am not happy with my performance on the exam at all, but I am glad to be done with it after 2 weeks of studying.

Puppies seem to just control people's minds, more girls than guys. I don't think there's a day I don't hear someone cooing over a little dog (even if it isn't a puppy) and talking about how cute it is. This now goes for my wife as well. I finally agreed that we need a dog around the place. I would like one that barks at strangers, and gives me more motivation to take fun walks outside beyond the daily trek across campus every day. I can't speak for Amanda's plans with the dog, but I think that having one would be good for both of us and we're ready to add more difficult pet than our fish Jensen to the relationship.

Finding dogs, easy. There's millions out there for adoption. Picking a dog can be just a little harder. As I previously stated, girls typically seem to go crazy over puppies. As she scrolled through adoption sites, there was barely a dog she didn't think was cute, and trust me, if she didn't think it was cute then it was butt-ugly. I was worried we'd never be able to settle on a dog the way she got excited about all of them, but it turns out that finding one is more important than exactly which one it is to her. So now we're starting to sort through dogs and narrow out ones we really like. It seems we have good taste, because so far we've been luckless in actually being the first to even visit a dog we liked.

In honor of our efforts to find a dog, I will be adding the "daily puppy" to my blog sidebar. This, and searches of your local animal shelters are a good way to start looking into what kind of a dog is good for you as well as then finding dogs to look at for possible adoption. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Any dog, as long as it doesn't shed a lot, is good with other dogs and children, will work with me. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete