15 November 2010

Good Weekend

As with any busy weekend, I stayed off the internet for the most part and concentrated on enjoying the time I'd been given, with the full knowledge that come Monday I'd have time to blog again during Stats class. As such, I've got a collection of topics and such so there will be a blog overflow today.

For starters, Louisville and the North American was a great opportunity to lean back and relax just a bit (literally during the accident induced traffic jam on the way back) and a chance for Amanda and I to sleep in and do some fun shopping and roaming together. It wasn't all play, as Katherine and Jacob used our help to get the lambs ready and I did more to get a lamb ready for show than I have ever done in my life before (which was obvious by my lack of experience). The family placed decently with the sheep and showed that we are making progress in our improvements to the flock.

It's really amazing to me that despite the "horrible" economy and all the financial troubles that Americans are experiencing this year, there was little reminder of that down in Kentucky at the show. Things went on just as always with both old and brand new vendors selling lots of great things to many genuinely interested customers. If there was any change from last year, it was the increase in store security to prevent the loss of merchandise and a slight decrease in the number of entries that made the trip. Otherwise, all boded well and a good time was had.

On that note, I include 3 links for big money items that came up in my BBC news today. Megamind
is bringing in the big bucks for the second week in a row, and yet I have minimal interest in seeing it. It would be impossible to top How to Train Your Dragon in my mind, so I'm gearing up to go see a couple of other movies with Amanda in the future instead, including Harry Potter 7.


Secondly on my list is an article discussing people getting bamboozled in an investment scam for treasure recovery. Honestly folks?!? When did you begin to believe that a deep sea recovery was going to pay itself off for you? It's good I don't write for BBC because I wouldn't have taken so much pity on you.

And rumors surround Facebook as they prepare for the unveiling of a new unknown product. No fears Google; I won't leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment