02 November 2010

Falling

Falling always seems be the most amazing type of accident to survive. The forces of gravity pulling you into an acceleration to your death is pretty terrible to imagine. I can think of a few images in my head that will always be there, scarred, burned into my mind. So to lighten up your day, here's some stories of people who fell, and lived to tell about it. Feel free to share your own in the comments.

I'll start with the story that inspired this blog for me - a baby that fell in Paris and was luckily caught by a passing doctor. Apparently she bounced on the awning above him and his boy had spotted her falling so he was in the right place to catch her afterward.

Of course, there are links to links to links in articles such as these so you can follow keywords and read about lots of people who have fallen, but some of whom weren't quite as lucky (just a warning). Then there is the guy who was window cleaning and fell 47 stories. The hard work of many medical staff led to his ability to function again and one day reach out and touch his nurse's face. I can't imagine being the wife who then told him she was his wife and he should be touching her, not the nurse's face. Couldn't she just be glad he was using his arm?

Speaking of crazy, I saved the best for last. I had to look this up because I've seen it before but it belonged in this group, so here again is the story of the man in Russia who jumped out the window. Once landed 5 stories down, he returned to his place just to find out how angry his wife was. So he jumped again. Really? The second time his wife made him go to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment