27 November 2010

Boise State on the brink

I'm typing this during the commercial break between regulation and overtime as Boise State and Nevada continue to duke it out in Reno. Nobody believed me when I said that Nevada had a chance for the miracle (mostly because the whole WAC conference is so weak), but here they are and this rivals all of top football games I can conjur in my memory for excitement, passion in the stands, and will to win on the field. OSU vs. Miami (FL), MSU vs. Notre Dame, many scUM and OSU games - this falls right up there.

I almost went to bed, almost convinced that another Boise State blowout was close at hand, but something in Nevada snapped in the second half and they have come alive with a desire to win and the energy to dominate the play. Combined with mistakes on BSU's end, this has been a thrill to watch. Regardless of the outcome, well played, Wolf Pack. Great game.

With goal-line defense standing up the Broncos, it looks like Nevada will have the chance to end this, and I can finally go to bed for the scUM game tomorrow. Go Bucks!

1 comment: