15 November 2010

Here's to your health

In all seriousness, as people are turning on the heat and using natural gas in this part of the world, be careful and use your nose. If it smells like gas is leaking, call your provider before you end up like this hotel (whose inhabitants are in my thoughts and prayers). It doesn't take much to spark any time of gas explosion as I can well testify from a few previous lives.

Speaking of your nose, it seems that they have linked a good sense of smell for food to the incidence of obesity. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet though, this seems pretty far-fetched. Maybe they need to find a way to quantify self-control first, because I'm pretty sure that every time I smell food I'm hungry, but that doesn't mean I go and eat at every Burger King I drive past. In fact, I don't eat at any of them, because I know that they small far more tempting than they taste.

Fish and their oily grossness yet again provide hope for our medical well-being in the future. Read more for yourself.


Finally, "How to get on and off a train". Next week's special, how to drive a car in town. Just because you put these things together, it doesn't mean that people will read them, or care about them, or remember to follow them. I can speak from personal experience riding the subway in Rome and with the train not even stopping at the same boarding location every time, it was madness to get on board. Faced with a brutal environment which included a man putting his hand around my neck to yank me off the train, I, despite my knowledge of ideal traffic flow, resorted to the same method of taking care of myself. I turned, stiff-armed him in the throat and waved goodbye as the doors closed and we rushed away. Just because you know what should happen, this doesn't mean that you have the power to sit there and let other people abuse you because they don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment