08 June 2010

Monday’s Post (delayed)

After the recent frequent posting, I bet you’re surprised I haven’t been on here yet. Well, I’ve actually been online, and even on the blog site. However there was a recent loss of ability to blog which remained unsolved throughout Monday afternoon. So here’s what I’ve been up to since last posting.

Amanda and I have successfully moved. If you don’t have our new address, please email, text, call or facebook me for it. Moving was mostly finished Saturday, but boxes are still everywhere even after all of the unpacking and mattress buying yesterday.
(I have to insert here that I’m currently listening to Mother/Son songs for the wedding and Paul Todd is singing and there is nobody more creepy than this guy. If you know of someone, I challenge you to post one, but this man is frightening. I tried wikipediaing him, but to no luck.)

While I was at the grocery yesterday I finally invested the 2 dollars for some power-steering fluid. Mind you, besides the spilling that occurred, my car darn near took an entire quart of it. I guess it needed the fluid badly. Lol. Anyhow, I have since heard no more steering sounds at all. Literally the first turn I made afterwards was silent. Problem solved, and also one more compelling reason for me not to return to Wal-mart (who is not linked because I now dislike them) who told me that they would fill it for me the last time that I was in. Lazy liars. I’m learning how to change my own oil and I have 2400 miles left before it is that time…

Weight is down to 234.5. That’s great progress, right? Well, with biking, moving and swimming I am sure it is partially water and also partially great exercise. Regardless, I am hoping to continue the trend by perhaps swimming this evening and taking a bike ride tomorrow.
(Next song, equally terrible)

Work continues this week, with me getting onto the kill floor on Thursday. I’m pretty excited and a little anxious about it. I’m not nervous, just (no offense dude, but your mom probably was in the first “your mom” joke… back before they were funny.) I’m not nervous about Thursday, just anxious that I will be able to learn fast enough to stay out of harm’s way and be helpful.

I looked at a yellow bike yesterday. Probably not going to work. However, I went to Handy Bikes and the man there was quite helpful in regards to pointing me to what things will be good for the race in August. Now it looks even more hopeful that the bike this evening will be the one to take me to Athens and back on the Pelotonia. I can’t wait until I get the bike and can start going. Please get ready to sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment