11 June 2010

My thoughts on BP.

Brits are complaining amidst calls in US for BP to stop paying dividends until they can prove that they have enough cash to pay for their clean-up. Just in case you were wondering if the company would go under... yes, I think that would probably be easier, and less environmentally responsible. But then again, it's hard to tell if they care that much about that anyhow.

New estimates for past flow indicate that BP vastly underestimated the extent of the damage they created in terms of spilled oil. It's absolutely incredible how stupid this corporation full of MBAs and Engineers can make themselves sound right now. I don't wish for BP to go under, because I know people who work for them, but I sure as hell believe they ought to pay every cent it takes to clean up the mess they've made as well as can be done. And to those Brits complaining about your pensions... get over it. This world is cruel and you should sit down and wait for your turn after this mess is cleaned up. Or buy a lot of BP gas, since their revenue directly impacts your income. It's not that I don't care about you, I just want you to get grip on how huge this thing is, or how little attention has been paid to the BP workers who died, or how many other people's entire lives have been destroyed by this.


Also, in case you were wondering, I have inserted the BP plan for collecting oil. Apparently it has been moderately successful, capturing about 50% of oil that spills every day. How long until we get the other 50%? Talk from BP says August. Great. Alternatively, if we ever wanted to compete with the Sun, we could just light the Gulf of Mexico on fire and see how it feels about it's new sibling.

On totally different news - I was in Cuidad Juarez and continue to be surprised about all that happens there, or that we ever visited there for a mission trip. Crazy stuff...

And I have finally uploaded a picture of the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment