29 June 2010

Unconstitutional?

After a e-newsletter from Rep. Space (OH-18), I'm in a personal struggle here... While I am all about the recent McDonald vs. Chicago US Supreme Court decision which declares that the US 2nd Amendment includes state and local governments, this is also a part of a continuing trend in the US Supreme Court for justices to determine the law. I feel frustrated that so much power is being wielded by our judiciary branch which was not originally created or designed to have so much influence on the government of our country. I wish instead that they defined laws rather than created them by definition. It's a tough call though, considering how important my 2nd Amendment rights are to me, and how glad I am that they will be reversing some of Chicago's rules. But one more thing to think about... will this change the status of Chicago over the long-term. Right now it is such a great city to visit and everyone loves it. How much of that will change?

No comments:

Post a Comment