10 June 2010

Sticker Fingers, among other things (long blog)

Last night we biked to Sticky Fingers up in Cheshire. Interestingly enough, there is a sticky fingers website, but this is not the correct place. Anyhow, it's a decent ride, and Katherine went with me. Mapmyride.com says that I burned 577 calories on the trip. That'd be great except I biked there to get ice cream sandwiches and bring them back. Anyhow, I doubled my mileage limit since I started training, and it was quite easy, especially with the new bike.

Now on to my list of other items (I should credit Sara Long at MSU for most of these links in her excellent weekly newsletter. Let me know if you would like to receive it):

1) Apparently Australia is having a drunk parakeet problem? Who knew parakeet's could get drunk? The better question now is... who's going to figure out how to stop it? It seems that they are treating parakeets everyday for hangovers, but then I was reading what they called a hangover food and that is never what I would've eaten...

2) This BP oil spill continues to infuriate me, especially after I found pictures of some of the killed wildlife. I saw that last week before this new "increased oil collection" happened, BP had been told to spend 1 billion on fixing the environment. What about now that they have increased the amount lost per day?

3) Local humane societies voice frustration with HSUS's dishonest accounting and name stealing. Awesome, it's too bad you're not in Ohio to help with the vote.

4) For those of you who know me long-term, you will understand my interest in this new research related to BSE.

5) What is it with Zoos killing Giraffes? I feel like this happens too often. They don't belong here, why don't we send them back?

6) Check out these NatGeo pictures of their shark elevator in action.

7) Finally, at the end of a long list of links worth reading - this is a new kind of billboard which advertises through smell.

My ride for tonight looks to be 16 miles long, and my weight is back to 237. I don't know what it will take to lose it, but maybe drinking coffee will help? I apologize, I was going to add a picture of my new bike, but it will have to happen next time. I have been cut off on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Louisiana and NC in one post? Props! Haha, kidding. In all seriousness though, I realize I'm a bit late on the uptake here, but thanks for caring so much about the oil spill. The whole thing is just ridiculous. However, it's nice to know that people who aren't directly affected, still care. So, thanks.

    ReplyDelete