08 June 2010

Today

Work is the same as always. The end.

I got my bike last night! Amanda says that I have now officially committed myself to the Pelotonia because I have bought the bike now. Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here as I get registered this week and start riding. Again, pictures of the bike are to come. I posted a preliminary picture on facebook last night, but I haven't gotten out into the light yet.

Also, I found objection to Gene Baur's recent post on his blog. I have since posted a comment which I believe will never make it on their blog site, so I will post the comment here:

Gene,

If you want to go so far as to link the BP oil spill to the animal food system, then maybe you should also consider the transport energy spent moving your vegetables from where they are grown to your local store which wouldn't have them naturally in season. Livestock agriculture provides food that is relatively little different in environmental impact than the vegetable-matter which you seem to endorse. Even if fossil fuel consumption were higher with meat production compared to plant-based foods, the total environmental impact is the picture you should be looking at.

Consider the hybrid cars. Over a period of a few years, the battery waste from these far exceeds the long-term environmental damage that is caused by "gas-guzzling" SUVs.


That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment