04 June 2010

Ride 1

So I did this ride in 20ish minutes. I did the math and I was somewhere around 15 mph. Well, that's great, except for the fact that it was only 5ish miles. I need to get more riding in, but tonight was one of those nights where I just couldn't get things working.

I use the Westerville Bike Shop and highly recommend Kurt and his crew. Yet for some reason, I just can't keep steady riding going on my Batavus fixi. I'd attached a picture of the bike, but they're hidden away on facebook or my other hard drive.

Today was no different. I went out to get my new wheel put on, which they just fixed for me, and headed out to the road to start pedaling, but when I started up, there was a crack pop noise and just like that the crank dislodged. I don't know if it's stripped or what, but I'm hoping for the easy fix. My mountain bike is in need of a tune up after the last few years of me doing it at home and it's the only bike I have to ride right now in leau(?) of my fixi.

1 comment: