30 June 2010

Women, and drinking

I know, right? I post another alcohol post on my blog. What's next?

I just wanted to briefly mention this article about women taste testing for Miller. Apparently the champion tester for the last 2 years was from Poland. Who's surprised about that? Not me. However, I was surprised that she used to be a secretary but then SABMiller started hiring in their secretaries to taste beer for them. Lucky for them.

Now, I know that I'm not great at tasting beer. I never claimed to be. However, I like beer a lot more than most women do. So if the company wants to sell beer to the males who they target in all of the ads, don't you think they'd use males with undefined pallets to test it for them? Can I taste a great beer? Yes. Can I tell you what tastes make it great? Sure. But do I plan on buying great beer for the price it will cost me? No. And that's why I doubt that women taste testers are the good choice for beer companies, unless of course they're planning on paying them less to lower the cost of the better beer they end up producing... wink, wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment