06 January 2010

The world from here...


What a week. 2 stillborn lambs, 1 dead pregnant mother ewe and lots of snow. Yep, you guessed it, I'm housesitting and it really struggles to go right. But as always, there's a better view in the horizon.

Props to Amanda (my favorite forever) and also Jeremy for helping me get everything done around here. Apparently Jeremy and I were mildly entertaining yesterday evening when we tried to get the sheep injections done. Hopefully it will prevent any more late-term abortions.

I always wish that I could show people a glimpse of true life within animal agriculture. Sure, it's laced with death and pain, but so is life for people. We care for these animals and I can personally say that there is only so much we can say to convince people that we properly treat our animals. If you know someone who doubts it, have them call me, I'd love to give a farm tour.

So my room is decently more clean. Just in time for me to leave. But my bookshelf is alphabetized by author (thanks Amanda!) and my old clothes are sorted out too. This class schedule looks lenient to say the least and I'm more than a little excited for things like First Aid and Spanish for Dairy Farmers. Get excited!!!! I applied for graduation yesterday and was accepted to The Ohio State University (the Rose bowl champs, yeah yeah) for my masters in Animal Sciences.

I really haven't gotten to visit with very many people since I've come home. I had these huge expectations of getting to see all my friends, checking things off my list for the wedding, deleting my xanga (which requires extracting all the old posts to word) and finishing my philosophy essay). Well, those are the things not off my list. Sure, I've done a lot, just not what I expected.

Jobless for the semester. Yeah, that kinda sucks, but I just haven't been able to find anything. Maybe I'll have better luck once I'm on campus, but hence the picture. I just needed a little more humor for this post.

Hopefully I'll get my essay done tomorrow. It's not required for anything, just something that I really wanted to do. I know, pathetic, right? Well, I'm prolly out for now, gonna go hang out with the Cooper and Jeremy for a while before Amanda gets home from class (and I have to do chores and make dinner before then too.).

1 comment:

  1. YAY! For graduation and being accepted to OSU. I'm glad to you get to go there finally :-)

    ReplyDelete