28 January 2010

Ground Driving

Majestic. That would appropriately describe the way the horses looked this morning in subzero temperatures, harnessed and being ground driven around in the gravel. With the tunnels of snow blown into all kinds of shapes and sweeping across the ground, the horses in their harnessed stance seemed like towers in a world of confusion. It felt amazing to see them out there and to be in the wind with them, walking around. I really can't get over how great it felt to walk around with the horses this morning. Something about the terrible weather made it that much better.

Harnessing them really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Without the experience of the rest of the class from last week, I figured that I would be a little bit behind. Thankfully, the TA was very helpful and patient as I struggled through my first time of harnessing. All of this really doesn't seem as hard as I figured it could be. I guess it's always easy when it's going well, but it felt good. I liked it a lot.

As I said, it's pretty cold out today. Hopefully I don't get a ticket, but I wasn't faced with a variety of choices this afternoon and I don't think it advisable to attempt the bike ride. Tony confirmed this when he returned to the house this afternoon. He simply said, "Drive to class today".

No comments:

Post a Comment