25 January 2010

Photographer, check.

The title pretty much summarizes my accomplishments this weekend. Well, in reality, it summarizes Amanda's accomplishment with my meager assistance. Leaving class so late on Friday left me with barely any time Friday and then little time on Sunday meant that Saturday was pretty much it. But we have the photographer and she seemed very nice. I liked her pictures a lot, and it's nice that she already kinda knows Amanda and Jenn. One more thing off the list.

Congrats to the Spartans for pulling off a miracle come-back win. The paper here praised them for being a clutch team or something like that. Ha, no, it was that they finally found a sense of urgency. Well, I can agree with that, but I'd be much more relaxed as an observer if I got to see their sense of urgency before the last 2 minutes of the game. (and hopefully I will, I get to go see them beat NW this weekend with Dani!).

Also this weekend, Amanda and her family got their H1N1 vaccinations. Hopefully they really work; I'm still a bit skeptical. And we celebrated Jacob's birthday Saturday night.

Movies I saw this weekend: Runaway Bride and Serenity. Now, don't be too shocked, but I had never seen either of these before. And both were filled with their moments of humor. Runaway Bride - very good. Serenity, also very good, but I'd file the complaint that the psycho killer girl could be a little less scary. If she was I'd probably not be gripping the edge of the couch randomly during the movie. She just kinda freaked me out.

So now I'm sitting here in First Aid class, waiting for it to start, and for us to begin to learn how to make out with people during emergency situations. Oops, I mean rescue breathing. From the demonstrations, it's kinda hard to tell what the difference is, really. I'm not a big fan of practicing breathing down someone to save them. Will I in a sudden situation? Of course I would save you, but I just would never want to remember it later. Good news is we also have these little respirator one-way mask things. Hmm.... That sounds like a good idea, but honestly, are you always gonna be carrying that with you? "Hi, my name is Benjamin Wenner. I'm a certified first responder, and today is your lucky day, because I'm the only nerd from class who still carries his rescue breathing mask in his pocket". Not happening...

No comments:

Post a Comment