15 January 2010

The OSU Saga - Part II

So I figured all of the stuff before now can count as part one, since I never kept track. But from now on, I'll keep track of the steps to get into OSU.

Today I tried to confirm acceptance for the millionth time. I don't think a university could be capable of making a more confusing system. Honestly, MSU isn't that much smaller than OSU and yet their handling of paperwork or lack thereof has been really nice. It looks like I've been spoiled for the past 4 years and I can't wait to get tired of hating OSU's apparently stupid systems. But don't get me wrong, I'm so psyched to be a Buckeye.

Anyhow, so I finally found a way to look up my info via SSN on a OSU website. (yeah, that spells identity theft all over it) Then I figured out something very exciting! I am still wenner.20 at OSU. That was the email address assigned me when I applied the first time to OSU and they still have it. Seeing as how they never deleted my name out of their people finder, I'm not surprised that they decided to keep it when I showed up again in their network.

After that, I had to wait over an hour for my username to be activated with my email, then reactivate through buckeyemail because they just made that switch also, and then I turned around and had to reprompt all of the old login info all over again. But finally - success. I was able to confirm acceptance and seemingly without paying a cent for fees. I can appreciate that; hopefully it's true.

Anyhow, I'm still kinda sick and I'm headed to bed. Phoebe was keeping me up for a while as she ran skatter all over the house chasing imaginary bugs but she's finally slowed down and everyone else seems to be asleep, so it's gonna be a night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment