29 January 2010

Euchre Genius?

I have met my equal. Not my match, because we don't play against each other, but truly my equal in euchre. Anthony Wernette, my roommate, and myself have enjoyed so recent success (not usually luck) as we've finally figured out how to play together. I know of nobody else who plays euchre like I do, not even my grandpa at this point, except for Tony. Frustrating at first, this has finally turned into a good partnership.

And then there was game 2, last night, down 8-2, we made our comeback due to some gutsy calls on my part and good cover by Tony to 9-6. Not bad, right? I told Tony I'd done my part and the game was in his hands. He readily accepts this and proceeds to ask as he deals out whether or not he has to let everyone else pass before he calls loner. Granting, of course, that Tony can't stack the deck with the cards facing up, he proceeds to wait until all three of us have passed on a 10 of hearts. Then he picks up the heart and lays it face down with his unreviewed hand, "Alone". I figured, damn, I will lose with that one, but that's ok. No. He picks up his hand - all hearts. Game over. Lucky bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment