01 September 2010

Weekend already?

Darn, it's such a disappointment, but I know it can't be the weekend already. It feels like it should be, what with the long last couple of days on a pig farm down on the South side of Ohio and the heat. The weather has been absolutely unbearable and totally thwarted all of our efforts to reduce our electric bill. We've bought and installed (Amanda deserves the credit for that) a programmable thermostat, turned off the a/c whenever possible, closed the blinds to prevent sun heating, and turned off the lights any time possible. Yet our electric usage for the July - August was double that of the previous bill. But enough of that.

The nice thing about the heat is that with a cold pool and the bright, blazing sunlight the people at the pool have dwindled to the ugly, mis-behaved and myself/my family. Jeremy and I performed a serious overflow flood with a dual cannonball into the 5 ft. deep pool. It's probably better that most times people aren't around to watch us, I'll just leave it at that. And then yesterday there were two kids scantily clad/losing their swimsuits and swimming unattended. Absolutely awful, but even more so once their teenage mother showed up and they started vying for her attention and trying to break her texting habit by shouting and "falling" all over the place.

Tomatoes... I had some growing, courtesy of Chris's survivors from a small frost accident this spring. Some tough plants, because they even are trying to fight back after being sprayed by herbicide thanks to some highly-trained and yet negligent landscaping employee. I'm honestly so mad about it that I still haven't gotten up the calm to even call and complain. I'm worried I won't even have something appropriate to say and so instead I am forced to continue trying to water the plants and hope something good comes out of them. I had so many tomatoes growing on that little guy and now they're all shriveled up. :(

And still the thought of a weekend looms over me. It's almost time for school, I used my C-pass for the first time today and I have to admit I was pretty excited about that. With Marshall tomorrow and WNCI blaring away about football season and Labor Day weekend this week, I'm just excited. Hopefully all this excitement turns out to be legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment