24 September 2010

Nap by the "lake"

I'm sitting waiting for stats class and just saw an old woman shove cash down her shirt. Um... Awkward, so I thought I'd blog briefly.

Taking a nap by Mirror Lake reminded me of a funny story. I woke up with a start to the realization that people were wandering around me and I had no idea where I was or what time it was. It was strangely similar to a time in the Netherlands after one of my crazy nights when I didn't know where I was or where any of my belongings were so I just wandered into town and to the grocery store. In desperate need of some adequate nutrition, I figured on the sure bet and bought a liter jug of milk which I then took down to the canal and watched the ducks with, slowly drinking down the jug. About halfway through it, I fell asleep there in the sun for about 2 hours. I woke up suddenly to realize that this young Moroccan man wearing all black was standing in front of me staring at me. He sort of jumped when I sat up and exclaimed loudly in Dutch at me. Surprised by my lack of response, he inquired twice as to what I was doing there before I responded to him, "I don't speak Dutch". With increasing surprise and now frustration on his face, he responded to me, "All of the people think you are dead. We've been worried about you". My only answer, "No... no, I'm not dead. Thanks though." At which point, I proceeded to open my milk gallon and stare at the ducks again as this guy stormed off.

Anyhow, just a funny story to uplift your day. I've been trying to document more of my stories but I'm starting with some of the simpler and more appropriate ones in my blog. Unbelievable things happen to me and I like to tell stories that people will actually believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment