24 September 2010

Catching up

Because I’m without internet at my current location, but it’s so beautiful and cool here by Mirror Lake that I don’t want to leave, I am typing my blog now and posting it this evening.

Summary of my life this past week…

Amanda and I drove up and spent a night in Detroit, then passed over to East Lansing for an IHOP encounter and a whole day of hanging out with the Dani and her family at their tailgate. The Notre Dame/MSU game was fantastic, and stereotypically frustrating with more than enough penalties and turnovers. But this is the tradition, and we came out the victors as Amanda and I began the day of our 3-month anniversary driving back from the game. Thanks to Amanda for driving clear from Brighton to home and not falling asleep. We then went to the sheep show that night and while we were waiting for a urine sample that evening as Katherine’s Reserve Grand Champion Lamb was standing on the shearing stand, Amanda says to me “Happy 3 Months! I’m going home”. What a long day! Congratulations to both Katherine and Jacob (and Josiah) on a great fair.

County fair was in general a very hectic week, even worse than I had expected. Between classes starting, and my volunteering at Farm Science Review, and cattle clipping and our photo entries, combined with my photographer position with the fair board, there were few moments to slow down and enjoy things without feeling the urge to just fall asleep. Now that I’m at the end of the week, I’m still exhausted and struggling through the day. I’m taking a nap before my next class just to stay awake through it.

Classes have been interesting so far. My biochem class promises to be more challenging than my previous interaction with the subject but thankfully my determination to study is also doubled and I am sure I will make it through the quarter. However, I was short on any good impressions of class or my fellow students when I stumbled into class late on Wednesday morning. It took far too long for me to get across campus and I am proud to say that today I corrected my error and was 10 minutes early. Campus here is just so much bigger than I expected once you get on the ground and start walking places. The people here have been really rude and pretentious as well. I have yet to interact positively with any of my classmates who seem to think that God gave them the right to go first everywhere and take up three seats in a full classroom with their stuff piled everywhere. Give me a break.

Other than that, all is well here, and I will be spending my internet time tonight trying to update my other blog with a whole series of ag-related newsletters I’ve received since last week. Go Bucks and Spartans this weekend and try not to beat your opponents too badly, since you’re playing 2 of the worst teams in the NCAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment