30 September 2010

France reads

Just a little side-note from yesterday. More people in France read my blog yesterday than people here. I have no idea what that should mean to me but apparently I captured someone's attention.

Anyhow, for today I'll start with Pakistan. I'll admit that as soon as I saw the headline I knew what my position on the issue would be. I don't blame Pakistan for blocking convoys after 3 of their people were killed. I'd be very frustrated to be shot down by what you thought was your own ally and then to be told that they did it intentionally is even more aggravating. However, they should not then have gone on to say that their people were shooting at the NATO chopper. Hello? If you admit to shooting at a friendly vehicle, you can't really expect the right to give them grief for shooting your men, right? The whole thing gets even more ridiculous when it says that they were shooting at the helicopter to tell it that it was in their territory.

On a complete sidenote, this picture was in the Pakistan article and even though it has nothing to do with that article, someone was probably just bragging about catching a rocket on film. I'd probably use the picture too.



And if this other guy who is running for the Chicago mayoral position doesn't look like the Grinch, I don't know who does.



Finally today (yeah, sorry about the short day) is the key to long life from the World's oldest twins. I'll buy it, they seem pretty happy, and who doesn't want to drink whiskey?

No comments:

Post a Comment