27 September 2010

New blog to follow

Per the recommendation of my stats instructor I looked up a new blog which focuses on statistical errors in major polls, surveys and other printed items. It also has a sister blog which follows the published type of errors. I encourage you to check it out for your entertainment. My teacher should've known better than to encourage me to look at a blog cause now here I am typing wildly about things whilst I pay no attention to her efforts to teach how to find the mean using Algebra. Yep, you heard it, I'm learning Algebra and all of the old letters and symbols used to complete basic statistical calculations. I'm not trying to demean those people who don't know this stuff and are diligently paying attention right now. No, props to you all for trying to learn something new, this is the best pursuit in life beyond finding love in the friends and family around you and the sharing of such love. However, I am saying that I should not be wasting my time in this class right now since I've learned this in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment