12 January 2011

USS New York

This is a pretty cool little info tidbit that I had never heard about before. People has starkly different opinions on the issue, but I think it's a great sign of the resolve of the American spirit. It isn't about religion or George W. like many opinionated crazies want you to believe, but about finding a proper symbolism of the determination of the people who were cut by that day and still bear the scars.

One qualm I do have about it though was the use of the name "New York" throughout the history of the US Navy and the sundry mini-disasters that have befallen the name. I definitely wouldn't name something the "Titanic", and the stigma surrounding the USS New York isn't nearly as bad, but my choice might've been a bit different. I guess you run out of good names after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment