25 January 2011

About time

Somewhere there's picture of me and some of my friends at a protest in 2005 at the Supreme Court in Washington DC. Holding a sign and on camera during a press conference, we were protesting the holding of Guantanamo Bay prisoners without trial for what then already seemed like forever in the "War on Terror". Now, I'm no hippie, but I do think it's terrible to leave people forever in prison without even giving them the right to trial. That's one of the principles in this country. Well, they have finally finished with the first trial of a Gitmo prisoner. Finally.

Also some fascinating things to me in the news today, courtesy of BBC. Of interest to me was this video on the Gothic pilgrimage site in England. And the woman with the uncontrollable hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment