03 January 2011

Pigeons

Per Amanda's and my random fact box on my iGoogle homepage, she and I got started talking this morning about pigeons because the trivia box claimed that Lockheed Martin actually uses carrier pigeons for it's information transfer between headquarters and another plant. Well, "used" would be a more appropriate word choice as it turns out, but that doesn't negate the fact that there have been some pretty cool uses of pigeons over the years. Here's some fun links based on my web roaming for your entertainment.

This is a sister link to the inaccurate trivia box which started the discussion.

Then there's this funny Iran conspiracy theory about spy pigeons and then a fun, more extensive article about the uses of pigeons over the years. If I were to choose one to read, I suggest this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment