07 January 2011

One week, already?

I realize that we're not actually quite a full week into the new year, but this first business week has come to a close and I'm frankly shocked by how fast it blew by. I know there's lots of people out there to talk about how much time flies, but I'm not here to tell you about that.

Instead, I just wanted to hypothesize that this week passed by even faster than normal because my life was so strictly scheduled. With my struggles in school last quarter and the need to get a project online for grad school, I've been busy nearly every minute of the day. And when I get home, all I want is some free time to spend with Amanda. But with both of us diving into school again, our time together has been scarce.

It just seems such a shame to have time pass so fast just because I put forth the effort to be more efficient. Frankly, it's unbelievable that there's already only 51 weeks left to 2011, and that a week blew by just like that. I have a lot to show for it, sure, but I'd rather have that week back to relax and enjoy life instead of rushing around trying to make life enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment