12 January 2011

Belgian Beards

Usually when I think I Belgium, I think of 3 things. Flemish, that mixture language spoken that represents the unique mixture of cultures in the country. Chocolate, which is unrivaled anywhere else in the world. And beer, which the rest of the world ought to think of just out-sourcing from Belgium.

And what I had no idea about was the fact that they have gone since June without a fully functional government. It's surprising to me that this hasn't been on the news at all, at least not where I've heard. And yet it's stated like such common fact that it must've just quietly slipped through the cracks this past summer. And what a huge thing to just slip through the cracks. But one man is not willing to accept it, and that's why he's growing his face out like a Red Wings player in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment