25 January 2011

Grooveshark and the Crypts of Lieberkühn

Neither of those have anything to do with each other to be honest, except for the fact that they are both open tabs in my browser right now. Studying for my non-ruminant nutrition, there was a question on the quiz about which enzyme is the only enzyme not to come from the pancreas. The answer is enteropeptidase which is secreted by the crypts of Lieberkühn. I had to post that title because it sounds like the sequel to a dark fantasy movie. But in all seriousness, the pancreas has to be the most underappreciated organ in our body. The pancreas does practically a bit of everything including buffering your intestine and secreting enzymes, insulin and other hormones. And yet, if you hear someone talking about organs they'll talk about their heart, their liver, maybe their kidneys, and then their appendix. How often does someone talk about their pancreas?

Grooveshark involves a totally different train of thought, but if you haven't seen it yet, it's a great way to listen to artists whom you haven't heard, without having to sit through Pandora's advertisements. My brother recommended it to me as a way to listen to his new artist pick, Doug Paisley. There's also advanced membership options, and such, but if I want to control my music and shuffle, etc., I'll just buy it. This was just my way to hear it first and not wait through ads to listen.

As I wait for someone else to sign up for the Pelotonia with me so that I can start soliciting businesses, I just wanted to repost my link. Please share the link, even if you can't donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment