27 August 2010

Yum, centipedes....


This fellow or one of his relatives was just walking across the grad office floor until I spotted him. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it because as soon as I did the girls went running for a shoe to finish his poor excuse of an existence. Good thing we still don't believe insects are sentient, right?

(insert aghast face of animal rights movement leftist, sorry but I didn't have that image on stock)

Anyways, the poor fellow met his timely end and another guy was drafted to throw him in the trash. Frankly, with the timing of killing him by a girl's desk just as she walked in for the morning was perfect. I had trouble stopping laughing. If it speaks to how bored I am this morning as I enter data, that is the most entertaining thing that has happened all morning.

Amanda and I started running yesterday morning. It's really nice to have a jogging companion because I like to run without music just as much as I like to run with it, but I like having company to support me in my efforts even more. I feel just a little bit less stupid out running with her and trust me, I feel pretty stupid out running in public. Biking is a form of exercise that comes naturally for me. Running has never come naturally to me and I look absolutely half as stupid as I used to when I run but I think that's only because I'm fatter so that my body can't do all the weird contortions it did in mid-stride like it used to. Nevertheless, running is my new thing until the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot as I try to drop another 10ish pounds from my current weight of 225 - 230.

No comments:

Post a Comment