27 August 2010

BBC News

I was surfing my latest headlines and today was definitely a winner. There's lots of links to choose from here so go ahead and scroll through the ones that appeal to you the most. I realize that I could've put more links to news about the war, or environmental disasters or murders or political debates, but frankly I'm tired of hearing about the war from people who have no idea what's really going on. I'm tired of hearing about the oil spills and other earth messes because just like George Carlin (skilled, sailor of a comedian), I'm tired of hearing about people wanting to save the planet. Almost everyone who really says they want to help the planet turn around and don't act on it. It's not that I don't care about the planet, I just want to really help it instead of reading a bunch of forest killing books about how some journalist Ph.D. thinks they're going to fix the problem. So let's be amused by the news...

While we're talking about renewable energy, check out this long shot. Less energy potential than the solar panel, and look how well that one's really taken root compared with other energy options.

This fire tornado is truly apocalypse-like and awe-inspiring.

Absolute props to this hero in China who's on China's 'got talent' show playing the piano with his feet. No offense to the Chinese government but is the video real? And why did you allow his parents to keep him if he has no military potential for your country?

Leave it to Ohio to get into the top-viewed news on BBC, and for this? What really gets me is the comment at the end that most of the interactions between the 2 groups have been friendly, despite the fact that the preachers were supposedly preaching hate.

Just in case you wondered what our solution is to the ever-constant problem of helicopter crashes in combat and training, it would appear that we're just going to pull the human crews out of them. Yep, Lockheed Martin is planning to begin testing unmanned helicopters in Afghanistan soon.

And then there's research that tobacco plants actually signal/call for other bugs to come in an eat their predators. Very awesome.

Finally, maybe this ad from my Pandora will play smoother on better internet than what I'm using on campus right now, but I thought this was a creative way to advertise against drunk driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment