08 February 2010

Happy Birthday Amanda!

So there was a snowstorm this past Friday. Go figure, on Amanda's birthday after weeks of waiting, it decides to epically blizzard all across the Ohio valley into Washington DC. Totally sucked. Not to be deterred so easily, I decided to make sure no matter what that I would be there for her birthday. I had to be there; I wanted to see her so bad.

Well, the driving wasn't too bad, all things considered (traffic) all the way to the Michigan border. Sure, there were some flurries, but nothing big. And then hell froze over and bitch-slapped me in the face in Toledo. Almost literally after I crossed the border it started snowing, and hard. I was pounded with wind and snow that nearly knocked my car off the road when it gusted, and then as I would recover the wheel, I would be struggling back across the frozen middles in the road to my original spot, without skidding across to other side into a ditch. Then account for random people driving 25 mpg or trying to go 60 mph around the slow guys, and then the snowplows, and typical gawkers. As I progressed south, it obviously continued to get worse until there was noo bare ground at all. At times I was even plowing with the bumper of my car or following a snowplow which went right off the road. There were police cars blocking highway entrances, and I even spun out a few times. I was so shook up by the time I even got into Delaware that I thought it would be a miracle if I made it home. But story short, I did, and I am so glad that I made it home. I miss Amanda so much, and I couldn't bear the thought of staying away for the weekend. I'm just very glad I made it safely.

On other news, we watched Dear John last night. I don't know what I think still. It was good, and then I just hated the way it went. I am glad we watched it, and also glad Amanda liked it. It apparently passed Avatar this week too. Proof that Americans still choose the winning movies, not the Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment