16 February 2011

Exam Hangover

I think I coined the term "exam hangover" today as I aimlessly wondered around the building, trying to determine exactly what I could do that would truly be productive. It's like those Saturday afternoons where you wake up and flop onto the couch just to watch bad HBO and eat potato chips in some effort to replenish the salts that you wiped out of your body the night before.

But this is worse. The class this morning literally bolted out the room after lecture and I can't help but wonder if those weren't repulsion forces exuded by the professor. He's a great guy, but the only thing worse than a 1 hour exam that took some students over 2 hours to complete last night is a professor who walks in the next morning and says it was one of the best he wrote. Clinging on to my A as long as I can, I'm reduced to waiting for the next week and a half until I know the results or the backlash of 90 minutes of brain racking last night.


Without question the most difficult exam or evaluation I have ever completed, I felt like I had done very well with it until I started hearing Jess talk about her answers today. She and I had many of the same answers but she is convinced hers were wrong. Given my previous tendency to misread directions and misunderstand questions, I can only cross my fingers and pray that I answered the questions that were actually on the page instead of mis-reading them and giving correct answers to things that weren't asked. And I thought I had a 90.

So I wait. And I try to focus on something else but fail to wrap my mind around anything. Hence the exam hangover. Credit to mobuck.com for the inspirational image.

No comments:

Post a Comment