20 May 2011

Peloton being formed

After the initial start on the Pelotonia, things got pretty busy around here and they haven't been slowing down as much as I thought they would. We had discussed plans for how we would solicit sponsors and eventually landed on the idea of forming our own Peloton this year. This design allows people to still donate to specific people on a Peloton, but also we can get large sponsors to donate to the whole group. The trick is that we need five people actually registered to form the group and start soliciting financial support so I've been trying to put the pressure on the other people who want to ride so we can get this moving. As of right now, only 2 people are actually registered for the race.

I also received my first donation last week from a friend of Amanda's and mine who was in our wedding. It was pretty exciting to get that email and I can't wait to really start fundraising so I hope everyone hurries up with registering. In the meantime, my profile is here if you want to take a look.

There's a bike sale this week down at OSU and I'm hoping to take a look there for a new or used and repairable bike. I don't want to ride that classic of mine down there again. It was far too pretty to beat up like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment