09 May 2011

Dirt Burn

Nothing like a good blow out in our second of a double header tonight to really revive the team spirit. We made a recovery 13-13 tie in the first game of the season, nearly a month ago, then have been rained out since until today's double-header. With a lot of new blood on the field and a brand new pitcher (who turned out to be awesome), I was skeptical and the first game turned into a debacle of umpiring culminating in the last inning warning at the bottom of the fourth when we had never gotten forewarned about our last at-bat.

But then the second game came along tonight and after a tough 6-3 loss, we rebounded with a resounding bang, winning a slaughter at 21-2. I probably didn't need to make the sacrifice, but I wanted to slide in safe to 3rd base and didn't quite make it, leaving my own symbolic blood sacrifice in a good faith measure to the other team that I was still giving the game my all. Earlier they had tried to call me as dropping a catch in right field which I obviously palmed on my glove hand. All in all, it was a great game, and I returned home finally thrilled about the season having played better than ever before. At this point in the season, I'm batting over 0.700 and feeling pretty good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment