11 May 2010

Lessons for this graduate student

Lesson 1: Today at OSU I decided to visit my assigned desk in the basement of Animal Sciences and quickly realized just how little the office upstairs knows about what goes on in the basement. For example, how about that overglorified schematic of desk placement. I didn't realize the 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper was actually drawn to scale! Well, as it turns out, the dimensions are a little out of proportion actually, but much closer to real life than I realized. I have quite the small desk.

Well, when I walked in I was immediately confronted (greeted) by one of the girls in the office. I don't know whose space I invaded or how unsure of myself I looked, but I do know when I got in there I probably looked relatively confused as there was a huge stack of papers and books on my corner desk. Well, that one being full, I deigned to decline my assignment. Now I'm situated between a girl who's in Australia with her stuff on my desk, and another girl who's just not around, with her stuff on my desk. lol. Quite the set-up. Well, I'd originally planned on putting my coffee-maker in there, but I don't know if I'll even have space anymore.

Also. As a post-script for yesterday... apparently google blogger has yet one more flaw: they upload pictures in reverse order. My apologies, but I just don't have the interest in going back to fix that. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment