21 December 2010

Steakhouses, Part III

And now for the finale, the reason that I even conceived this blog in the first place. Last night we went out to dinner with another couple who are pretty good friends with us. Amanda and I were trying to figure out a good Christmas gift idea for them and dinner seemed to be the most logical. It's fun to dress up a bit and go out as couples, enjoying the fact that we're young and occasionally enthusiastic about life.

We tried out a new Japanese steakhouse last night called Ichiban Steakhouse. I couldn't really confirm that name for you, but I know it was just South of Worthington, set in a quieter part of town. It was really nice being able to go in there with people who also enjoyed the food and to sit down for a couple of hours, enjoying the show and glorying in the food. It's not something I want to do all the time like the addicting taste of Olive Garden, but it's a really fun sit-down date and the location was perfect. They also did gift certificates with a discounted price so that we were able to save a little that way as well.

We planned ahead for a reservation and it never hurts, but once we got there the place was nearly empty. That meant that the waiters and chefs were also much more casual and jovial, as well as the noise level being down and at a good conversational level. Top that off with a good glass of scotch, and I thought we found finally the steakhouse I want to return too. Of course, the company was pretty good too. ;) That's all for today, folks, I've gotta work on some finer details in my lit reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment