10 December 2010

Pelotonia update


For those of you who remember, I did the unthinkable and raced in the Pelotonia 2010 cancer research fundraiser. This ride really tested my dedication and persistence as it was was easily one of the most difficult things I've done. It also resulted in the tragic death of one of the riders in a traffic accident.

Well, the hard work of so many people finally came to a tangible fruition a couple of weeks ago when the Pelotonia check was presented at the OSU/Michigan game. The total of nearly 8 million dollars just goes to show how important this issue is to the community and how deeply the cause has touched so many people.


It's never too late to start fundraising for next year, so stay tuned for updates on our plan to ride next year in our own Peleton. We're currently looking at about 5-6 riders and will be looking for both corporate and small dollar quantity donors. Please think about how important the cause of cancer research is, and look up how much the James has done for the cause of cancer research. Until then, I'll be losing weight, trying to sell my old bike and planning out my ride for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment