18 June 2011

1st Anniversary

It's been a whole year now since we Amanda and I said our vows in that church by the lake. Over two years since I first asked her to marry me in the rain, dancing to "Love Me Tender". As I sit here beside her, after a great night out with a great dinner, I just wanted to post a little entry marking such a big day in our lives.

I used to think that marking anniversaries was a waste of time; that we should celebrate every day together and celebrating anniversaries was a disservice to the other 364 days. But this year has been a quite a milestone for us. We have struggled, we have fought, we have partied and we have celebrated random adventures together. But most importantly, we have supported each other through everything and we have had a wonderful home to come back to every night. Her loving arms inspire me through each day and I couldn't do it without her. I love you, Amanda.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you both! and wishes for mant more great years together!

    ReplyDelete