10 March 2010

Blog Following, and the Relay for Life

Through Andy with ABN's blog (which I follow), I found a link today to a new guy... Phipps. I don't really have many blogs I follow yet, and I'm being careful not to tack up too many of them on the list else I never get anything else done everyday. I already read the news in 3 different countries; I don't know how much time I have.

Anyhow, the real point of this post was Phipps' comments related to how the anti-HSUS attitude floating around recently has probably been more damaging to our goals than it has been helpful. I've personally been very frustrated with how the anti-HSUS 'activism' has been so fired up, irrational and disorganized. I feel it has nothing to accomplish except for the destruction of our reputation. Hopefully more people will realize the damage they are doing to our cause before they lash out. Compromise is a word nobody wants to hear, but it is a word that needs to be considered here. Now if only HSUS would realize this also?

On other news... I signed up for the Relay for Life at Michigan State University. Our club (Phi Sigma Theta) is signed up for it, but we're short on walkers and money. If you feel like or want to donate, please do. Regardless of the amount of money, it will make a big difference in our club's contribution. Posted here is my link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TRC/RelayForLife/RFLFY10National?fr_id=21328&pg=center

No comments:

Post a Comment