18 March 2011

A trip on the other side

Everything in life is all just an interpretation of what you see, feel or remember. I always make fun of Amanda for the crazy dreams that she has at night and how random her mind's reconstruction of her day is. Well, I thought I'd share an experience of my own from last night. Keep in mind that yesterday morning I finally did a mass memory dump onto 10 pages of biochemistry exam, vomiting all of my knowledge onto the paper in a hope that it will self-assemble into the correct answers like a micelle.

Amanda and I struggle to decide each night if we'll leave the dog out or in, based on whether or not there's things for her to eat while we're asleep, or how she was the night before or whether we want to actually get a good night's sleep. Last night we decided to leave Betsy out and it was the beginning to a crazy night.

I passed into a feverish state of anxiety release around 11.00 pm by my own guess. MSU was losing by 20+ points and I didn't have the heart to watch our seniors leave the court like that. What felt like an hour later, Amanda was yelling at the dog and waking me up. More sleep. What felt like every 5 minutes for the next hour, I struggled through biochemical pathways on a blackboard in front of a ghoulish-looking professor. Every time I got something wrong, this professor would punch me, abusing me for my neglect to the little details, even as simple as a misplaced hydrogen or misspelling of the acyl-succinyl complex, which was his fault as I remember (true story - he typo'd it on our final).

I finally came to to find Amanda yelling at me to wake up and punching me. Welcome to reality! I was even more confused why she was so angry with me and spent the rest of the night confused in my sleep as to why she was so mad at me. But apparently I had put the dog away earlier per her request and Betsy was out and running around; Amanda was worried we had apartment intruders. Imagine my confusion this morning when I asked Amanda why she was yelling at me and hitting me so much to find out that I'd been walking around and putting the dog away. And I thought it was just about my biochemistry. I'm so glad to be done with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment